The Highlands Reserve villa community has been around since the early 90’s and used to be about as far as you went on US27. It was also one of the first and biggest short stay vacation rental communities with a golf course.
But over the last 20 years the area have exploded and now there are hundreds of Orlando villa communities to choose from. So why should you still look at renting a villa on Highlands Reserve.
Top 5 Reasons to Stay at Highlands Reserve
We have put together the top 5 reasons to stay at Highlands Reserve. We hope you agree but if you have another great reason then please leave a comment below and I will add it to the list.
The Highlands Reserve golf course is ideal for tourists and golfers that don’t play that much. The reason I say this is because it only has one hole with water on it (10th). And it’s fairly wide off the tee so there is plenty of room to miss the odd fairway. Don’t get me wrong the course is still a good challenge for low handicaps but it’s great for beginners and holiday golfers. There are also a number of other golf courses nearby including the Country Club at Champions Gate and the Greg Norman designed courses at Champions Gate (the National and International).
Most of the Highlands Reserve villas are on larger lots meaning you get a bigger pool deck and maybe a garden around the villa. Also the house next door is not so close. All the new Orlando vacation rentals that are being built now are on very small plots with the builders trying to maximise there profits.
When the Highlands Reserve community was first built back in the 90’s it was pretty much all vacation rentals. Over time this has changed and you now have a nice balance of residents and guests. This has a couple of benefits, the first being security as you now have lots of people living their full time. The second is that with full time residents the community is maintained to a higher standard. There is also a kids play near the main entrance of Highlands Reserve.
Highlands Reserve is located just off US27 and very close to the HWY192. This is great location as you have loads of restaurants, shops, and a Publix supermarkets all close by at Berry Town Center. There is also a wal-mart just a few miles away.
The last reason why Highlands Reserve is a great place to stay is it’s easy access to the Orlando theme parks. As I said Highlands Reserve is located just off US27 and is a very easy drive to Disney. The best route to the Disney Parks from Highlands Reserve is down HWY192 and then left down Sherberth Road. This leads directly to Animal Kingdom and from there you can also access all the other Disney Parks.
After reading all the above 5 reasons why you should stay at Highlands Reserve we hope you agree. If you have another reason why it’s a great place to stay let me know by leaving a comment below.
We have over 30 luxury Orlando vacation rentals on Highlands Reserve direct from the owners. To see all of our Highlands Reserve villas please visit our main website VR360homes.
Best Orlando villas on the vr360homes.com site. These are the highest rated and reviewed Orlando villas we have available for you to rent.
We have put together a list of the best Orlando villas on vr360homes by number of reviews and rankings. All these Orlando villas have received over 60 guest reviews most of which are 5 stars. So if your looking to book the best luxury Orlando villas available these would be a good starting point.
1. The best reviewed Orlando villa on the vr360 site is on Formosa Gardens. ‘Sanibel’ features 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 en-suites and a lake view. With an impressive 82 five star reviews (October 2016) this fantastic home is maintained to the highest standards by the owners Ray & Kim. For more information about renting this luxury Formosa Gardens villa please visit our website. ID number 360 on vr360homes.com, we have also added a link here: Formosa Gardens 5 Bedroom Orlando villa.
2. Number two on our best Orlando villas list is Angela who’s Indian Ridge 4 bedroom home has 73 five star reviews. With 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and games room this is one of our best value homes with rates from £575 pw. The ID number for this home is 689 and here is the link: Indian Ridge 4 Bedroom Villa.
3. Third spot on our best Orlando villas list is a 4 bedroom home on the Shire at West Haven. With 71 five star reviews from previous guests and an amazing lake view this has to be high on your list for your next Orlando holiday. The owners Clive and Shirley have advertised with vr360homes since 2011 and there home is just 12 minutes from Disney. The ID number for this home is 774 and you can check availability here: Shire at West Haven 4 bedroom Villa.
4. In forth spot on our best Orlando villas list is another 4 bedroom home on the Shire at West Haven. This luxury vacation rental has 70 five star reviews. This luxury Orlando villa features an under cover lanai area and pool with conservation view so it’s very private. Owners Susan and Colin have advertised on vr360 since 2009. The home is very rarely empty so you will have to be quick if you want to stay here. The ID number for this villa is 245. For more information visit: Shire at West Haven 4 Bedroom 3 Bath Villa.
5. Number five on our list but still one of the best Orlando villas is ID 760 with 64 five star reviews. This 4 bedroom 3 bath villa is located on the golf course community of Highlands Reserve. With restaurants and a supermarket just minutes away and Disney less than 15 this is a great holiday location. Ian has advertised with vr360 since 2011 and maintains a wonderful home which receives nothing but praise from all the guests. To check availability go to: Highlands Reserve 4 Bedroom 3 Bath Villa.
We have put together a list of Side By Side Orlando villas to rent on the Shire at West Haven. All these luxury vacation rentals are either next door to each other or opposite and ideal for large groups or two to three families. Less then 12 minutes from Disney World the Shire at West Haven is the perfect community for your dream Florida vacation.
Located close to shops, restaurants and a Publix Super market at Champions Gate you have everything you need right on your doorstep. The Shire at West Haven is located in Davenport which is the main tourist community area with Orlando International Airport less than 30 minutes away (via Toll Road 417). We hope you find the below list of side by side villas helpful, we have listed them on the various streets within The Shire at West Haven.
Dragonflies Villa Rotonda West 3 bed 2 bath Gulf Coast Villa with South West facing solar/electric pool overlooking beautiful landscaped gardens.
Our exquisite 3 Bed Villa with Private Heated Pool is set in large beautifully landscaped gardens and is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Dragonflies Villa is furnished, decorated and maintained to the highest of standards.
Situated in Rotonda West – a deed restricted golfing community half way between Sarasota and Fort Myers and within easy reach of three local airports (Tampa, Sarasota & Fort Myers). It is an ideal location, close to beaches, 6 golf courses, a nature reserve, great shopping!! and within reach of all Florida’s major attractions – you will be spoilt for choice.
We recently visited the brand new Encore Club at Reunion clubhouse to see how things are coming along. As you can see from the photos they are progressing well and expect to be on target for the March 1st 2016 opening date.You can see the water slides are in place and look great, I was actually surprised how big they are, they are similar to something you would find at Wet n Wild. The kids splash zone also is much bigger that I expected so I am sure guests are going to love this. The pool at the back looks a long way from being finished but these guys work fast so it won’t take long before it’s complete.
We recently visited the Cypress Pointe community to capture some new photos for one of our owners that had added laminate floors to all 5 bedrooms of there luxury Orlando vacation rental. Cypress Pointe is located just minutes from shops, supermarkets and restaurants at Champions Gate and is a secure gated community of around 60 vacation rentals.
So, you’ve booked your flights, car hire and Orlando villa, your next dilemma is what to pack!
My biggest tip for packing is to take the largest bag you have and leave plenty of SPACE! After all I’m sure you will be hitting the shops at some point during your stay in Orlando.
The most often asked question is “do we need to pack towels”, the answer is NO! The villa will be stocked with all the towels / linens needed for your stay. Plus they also have washers and dryers for you to use, I’m sure that doing your laundry on your holiday wasn’t top of your list of things to do in Orlando, but it will save you loads of space when packing.
Next on the list of questions is “do we need to pack a hairdryer”, again the answer is NO! Your villa will have one, some even have one in each bathroom, but this is a luxury. Again a great space saver, but on another note, if you have ever plugged a UK hairdryer into a US 110 volt plug, you’d wished you hadn’t bothered! You will have more success drying your hair, running around outside!